3/21/12

Fights of Fancy


My latest flight of fancy is a facination with our little (and big) fine feathered friends. "Red Flirt" is part of a show titled simply "Red" at Around the Corner Gallery in Montrose, CO. Still on the red kick, I'm now working on a bright painting of a rooster with lots of red, orange and cerulean blue... what fun, vibrant colors in time for spring!

The coming days will be filled more and more with the joyful trill of returning birds as they busy themselves with finding mates, making nests and bringing a smile to us gardeners.

I hope you enjoy the following poem,
"Hope" by Emily Dickinson

_____________________________________



Hope is the thing with feathers

That perches in the soul,

And sings the tune--without the words,

And never stops at all,



And sweetest in the gale is heard;

And sore must be the storm

That could abash the little bird

That kept so many warm.



I've heard it in the chillest land,

And on the strangest sea;

Yet, never, in extremity,

It asked a crumb of me.

2 comments:

  1. Something I haven't seen before--I love this little bird! Esp. the color on the branch and the fluid sky. Saw some of your landscapes in Montrose a few months ago--Wow! They shoved my muse right out of her stupor :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I feel rude. I just discovered your wonderful comment. Thank you so much... I appreciate your generous words!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your feedback. Please let me know what you think!